REIMAGINING DIGITAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
WHAT IS d-lab?
d-lab is a unique skills development and work-readiness programme for unemployed young people. We focus on design thinking and on developing the digital skills, character and ways of working needed to be successful, innovative and collaborative leaders. We enable our students to develop the competence and confidence to work well in teams to solve complex problems.
Many corporate employers express frustration at the poor levels of work-readiness of young people entering the workplace.
They point to a gap between the knowledge and skills developed by formal education and the competences needed to successfully enter and flourish in the modern, fast-changing, digitally-driven world of work.
how to become job-ready?
OUR INTEGRATED 3-PART PROGRAMME
Over the course of six months, full-time, we are developing empathetic, collaborative, creative and imaginative young problem solvers – 21st century innovators who are effective in future-proofing the companies in which they ultimately work.
d-lab's LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Make effective use of the foundational literacies (financial, data, digital) in designing solutions in the new world of work
- Develop the competencies of critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication and be able to manage risk and uncertainty
- Develop the foundational character traits necessary for effective solution design, displaying resilience, courage, care, and curiosity, with high levels of integrity
- Demonstrate fluency in design thinking, making use of a variety of tools & techniques as needed for effective collaboration, innovation, and human-centred design
- Develop strong meta-learning capabilities and think in ways that are reflective and adaptive, exhibiting insights, metacognition, and a growth mindset
NEED TO KNOW
Cultural & Civil Literacy
Grit & Resilience